Thanks for visiting us here at I Adore This.

This blog is dedicated to sharing things that i adore!. You will usually find a quick tip or trick on how to update or change furniture, decorations or crafts but depending on my mood you will also be exposed to storage ideas, management tips and all other types of things that come with raising and interacting with little girls.



Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Bedroom Makeover!

A good friend of mine asked me to come over and help with some ideas for her little girls room she was working on. I came over expecting to see a big mess that needed a lot of help, and this is what I saw! It was love at first sight! I was so impressed! She did an amazing job. She was looking for a little more though. She wanted an idea on how to add more color to the room. I usually go straight to window treatments. This room was a little more tricky because she has those awesome plantation shutters on the windows, so curtains would not work. I gave her the idea of a pennant banner. She went and picked out fabric and we made a killer banner!
It turned out AMAZING! It really added the pop of color to the room that she was looking for. It was really simple and we had a lot of fun doing it.We didn't even use a sewing machine! Here is a quick tutorial on how to make your own pennant banner:
1-Find some awesome fabric
2-Get a ruler and a piece of card stock paper and make a triangle the size you like.
3-Cut the fabric using the paper pattern you just made.
4-I used pinking shears to go around the edges of the triangles. This helps keep the fabric from fraying, and adds a fun bit of texture to the fabric.
5- get out the hot glue gun and glue those bad boys on! We used jute, but depending on the look you are going for you could use anything. Ribbon, ric-rac, or even rope.
6-Hang it up and enjoy!


We decided that the room needed a big tree. So what did I do? Yep- I painted one right on the wall! My friend was a little nervous I think, but willing to give it a try. (the vinyl ones we found were SUPER expensive!) Her husband had access to a projector at work, so we had him bring it home. I painted trees on my own wall free hand, but I was too scared to do that on hers. So we found an image of a tree that we loved, and projected it onto the wall. Then I traced it, and then painted it. It took about 4 coats of paint, but it turned out great! I adore this!



This room is amazing! I had tons of fun helping with it. Thanks Amy!





2 comments:

  1. OH my heck I love this! Also helps that I love Amy... you guys did a good job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhhh Mind! THANK YOU so so so much for your help! these pictures are SO CUTE and Hai was so excited to see her room on your blog (+so happy because she knows I will never get around to getting them on my blog :)

    you are super great and I seriously appreciate you SO MUCH!!! x0x0x0

    ReplyDelete