Thanks for visiting us here at I Adore This.

This blog is dedicated to sharing things that i adore!. You will usually find a quick tip or trick on how to update or change furniture, decorations or crafts but depending on my mood you will also be exposed to storage ideas, management tips and all other types of things that come with raising and interacting with little girls.



Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Thats right....its a new post!!!

Can you believe I am finally posting something? I have had a crazy busy summer! No time for building and creating things. It has been sad, I have missed creating and blogging....but I'm back now! So for my first project I decided to finally do something about the hideous chairs in my garage. Take a look at these beauties!
All I did first was take the seat off and strip the fabric. Then I grabbed a can of my favorite spray paint and let 'er have it! I love the ocean breeze color by Krylon. Then with the seat part I just got some cute fabric that matches the paint and cut it just a little bigger than my seat.


Then I just hot glued the fabric around the seat. All you have to remember is to pull it tight, and kind of gather it on the corners. EASY! This part took about 5 minutes.




Then I trimmed the excess and that's it....its done!




Different seats attach to the chair in different ways. This one just kind of clicks in, but I think the other ones I have screw in. Either way, it's pretty easy. It is well worth the 30 minutes it will take you to spray paint and re-do the seat. Look at how amazing it looks now....





I also did one the green color that is in the fabric. It turned out darling too. They look so cute together. They used to be an embarrassment that I would never take out and have a friend sit on, but now they are the conversation at the party! I have 2 more that I am going to finish today. I am just going to do one more green one and another blue one. They will be a fun little set that I will use for lots of fun stuff!
















No comments:

Post a Comment