Thanks for visiting us here at I Adore This.

This blog is dedicated to sharing things that i adore!. You will usually find a quick tip or trick on how to update or change furniture, decorations or crafts but depending on my mood you will also be exposed to storage ideas, management tips and all other types of things that come with raising and interacting with little girls.



Monday, August 15, 2011

Lamp Re-do

This lamp was really fun, and I adore it! I made it for a little craft fair booth I did this summer. I didn't make it to sell, just to decorate my booth...but I could have sold it in a second because I had sooooo many people ask me if it was for sale. When I said no they asked if I would sell it anyway. I guess I maybe should have! A lot of ladies came into the booth to inspect the lamp and see how I did it. They were amazed to find out that it was really fast and simple. But your not surprised right? I am all about fast and simple! Oh, and ruffles! I have the lamp in my babies nursery now. It is a perfect addition to her sweet little room.

Here is what the lamp looked like before....BORING!


I ruffled 3 strips of fabric. Then I simply hot glued each strip onto the shade. That's it! Easy huh?


Then I just spray painted the lamp base. I LOVE spray paint. It's like magic!


The great thing about this is that you can make it to match any color scheme. There is such cute fabric out there- you could make a lamp shade and pillows to match! I love anything you can customize with fabric. It gives a room a splash of color and personality.

1 comment:

  1. Mindi! It's been far too long since you updated your blog! I started a blog, I really don't knkow why, but I'd love to link up sometime!!

    ReplyDelete