Thanks for visiting us here at I Adore This.

This blog is dedicated to sharing things that i adore!. You will usually find a quick tip or trick on how to update or change furniture, decorations or crafts but depending on my mood you will also be exposed to storage ideas, management tips and all other types of things that come with raising and interacting with little girls.



Thursday, January 26, 2012

Hooray for Valentines Day!

I made some fun Valentines decorations that I wanted to share with all of you!!


Pennant banners are all the rage right now, and so is burlap....so I cut out some X's and O's with my silhouette, and stenciled them on. Then I added some glitter to the letters and around the outside. I love how it sparkles at night when the chandelier is on!


I have some twigs in a vase on my fireplace mantel. I decided to cut some hearts out of old book pages and some with just regular cardstock using the silhouette. I just hung them on the twigs and it added a cute little Valentine touch!


I Love to take pictures of my little ladies!! I change the pictures for every Holiday! I love having my kids be part of my decorating. They really have a lot of fun with this! For Halloween they all wore witch hats, and for Christmas they were dressed in lime green sitting in front of a lighted tree. Its fun to edit the pictures and add sayings or poems. For Valentines I spelled the word LOVE!


I had some left over Burlap, so I just bought some wreath forms from the dollar store and wrapped strips of burlap around them. This project seriously took only 15 minutes, and I love how it turned out! I just tied some ribbon around it, and added some felt flowers and it turned out great!


Everyone has probably seen these coffee filter wreaths. I made this one last fall, and it has had a few different looks! I used a grapevine wreath form from the dollar store, and then just folded and glued the filters on. I love that it cost me only 3 dollars! For Halloween I used a foam stencil brush and just dabbed a little black on the edged. It looked darling! Then at Christmas I did the same thing over top of the black with gold paint. Then I added some glitter while the paint was still wet. So....why not change it again? I added pink paint and red glitter for Valentines day! I sure have gotten my 3 dollars worth out of it!



1 comment:

  1. Oh, how I've missed your blog!!! You are the QUEEN of crafts!! Mine look like trash compared to yours!!! I have to copy a few of these.

    ReplyDelete