Thanks for visiting us here at I Adore This.

This blog is dedicated to sharing things that i adore!. You will usually find a quick tip or trick on how to update or change furniture, decorations or crafts but depending on my mood you will also be exposed to storage ideas, management tips and all other types of things that come with raising and interacting with little girls.



Friday, May 6, 2011

Stenciled Burlap Pillows

I'm sure you all know that Burlap is a HUGE new trend right now. I did the spring pennant banner a few posts ago. This is the same idea, but on a pillow. I love these! They are cheap, easy, and you can personalize it however you want! Whats not to love right?


Supplies needed: acrylic paint, a stencil brush, stencil, burlap, and pillow insert or stuffing.

I cut my stencils out with my cricut. I think I mentioned on a previous post that I found really great stencils at Hobby Lobby. You could even draw an awesome design on a piece of card stock and cut it out with an X-acto knife if you want to get crazy and creative!


I did a "B" for our last name. It would also work for a first name to throw on a bed or something:)




After you have gathered the few supplies needed, cut 2 pieces of burlap the size you want your pillow. Now you can either sew the 3 sides together, or you can stencil on one side, and then sew. It works either way. If you decide to sew first, make sure you put something inside the pillow to before you stencil so that it doesn't bleed through. Easy easy! I think it would be fun to do a crown or a chandelier stencil for a little girls room. I love that you can do what ever color and design you want....customize for your space.

It was my daughters B-day, so I did a cupcake one! She loved it!






1 comment:

  1. so guess what... I paid $25/pillow at Swiss Days to get 2 "painted" burlap pillows. I mean they are darling... but are you kidding me? you made your own!!! ahhhhh how I wish I were crafy. you are amazing.

    ReplyDelete