Thanks for visiting us here at I Adore This.

This blog is dedicated to sharing things that i adore!. You will usually find a quick tip or trick on how to update or change furniture, decorations or crafts but depending on my mood you will also be exposed to storage ideas, management tips and all other types of things that come with raising and interacting with little girls.



Thursday, April 21, 2011

Easy Ruffle Flower Pillow

If you have read much of my blog you have noticed that I am kinda obsessed with ruffles. I think I add them to pretty much everything lately! Here is a little spoiler...next week I am doing a tutorial on how to add ruffles to old cut-off jeans! Stay tuned for that, you will love it I PROMISE! Anyway, back to this darling little pillow. It was quick and easy, and I think it turned out awesome!



First just cut two pieces of fabric the size you would like your pillow and sew up 3 of the sides, right sides together, leaving the bottom open.
Then just rip your flower fabric into long strips. (it can be the same as the pillow, or different!) Then just ruffle them.




The next step I totally cheated on! I probably should have sewn the ruffles on, but I wasn't really in the mood, so I got out the trusty glue gun and went to town! It was so fast and easy, I just love glue guns! On important tip if you are gluing the ruffles on.....make sure you put something in between the pillow so that the two panels don't get stuck together. I used a cutting board.


Just keep gluing it around and around. Try to keep the seam under the ruffle before it. Just keep putting it behind the ruffle you already glued on.




Make the flower as big as you want. Then just stuff it and sew up the bottom!




It's the perfect spring/summer accent pillow.


No comments:

Post a Comment