Thanks for visiting us here at I Adore This.

This blog is dedicated to sharing things that i adore!. You will usually find a quick tip or trick on how to update or change furniture, decorations or crafts but depending on my mood you will also be exposed to storage ideas, management tips and all other types of things that come with raising and interacting with little girls.



Friday, March 11, 2011

Candlestick Creations

I L.O.V.E dishes, tea cups/pots, platters, cake plates, etc. I think they are so charming! I have always loved the way they look, and how they can be used for so many different things. I have had a hard time finding cake plates that I love....so, I made some! I guess they are not really cake plates, I'm not sure what to call them, except awesome! I had a bunch of crystal candlestick holders that I never used. I also have random plates just laying around (remember, I LOVE them, so I have tons), and I glued them to the top of the candle sticks. (below is a picture of the BEST glue to use) It's as easy as that. There are so many ways you can use these guys! I've taken a few pictures to show you some ideas to get you started.


You can also stack several of them for a different look. If you don't have candlesticks or dishes just laying around- go to D.I.! Seriously, that place is the best! So many treasures! I think I might have a "look what I found at D.I." post coming soon.


This glue is perfect for this project. It takes a while to dry, but holds up great!



Great for any Holiday. This is how I am using them for Easter. I used them on my mantle at Christmas time with big sparkly ornaments on them.

They are really great for adding different heights to your decorating.

These are just a few ideas, the possibilities are endless!







1 comment:

  1. This post makes me sad, because I GAVE AWAY all my "ugly" glass candle holders we got for our wedding and I LOVE what you've done with yours!! You are really so talented! I think you should post ads on your blog and make money off it. :) Btw, I finished my end tables you inspired! I'm so excited! I'll post pics on my blog..

    ReplyDelete