Thanks for visiting us here at I Adore This.

This blog is dedicated to sharing things that i adore!. You will usually find a quick tip or trick on how to update or change furniture, decorations or crafts but depending on my mood you will also be exposed to storage ideas, management tips and all other types of things that come with raising and interacting with little girls.



Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Eat your heart out! Table cloths turned to window treatments


I love fabric, but I don't love paying for it! especially when I need a lot for a big project- like say curtains for instance. I have a pretty big window in my living room, and I figured I would need about 6 yards of fabric all together to sew some long curtains. Even if the fabric was on sale, or I had a coupon it would be pretty pricey! Sooooo, what else could I use? My awesome sis. Megan gave me the idea to use a table cloth. Yep- it works perfectly! And how exciting is it that the ends are already done for you? No sewing required! I just hung them up (2 table cloths) with those little clip hangy thingers and DONE! They are thicker than fabric would most likely be too! I love the way they look and I only spent 28 dollars on the set!


These curtain for my side light windows were also made out of a table cloth. It was a Christmas table cloth, but I loved the print, so when I saw it on clearance after Chrismas for 75% off, I had to have it! It cost me $3.75! It totally works in my house! It doesn't look like Christmas to me...no santa, trees, reindeer, its good right? So I have one on the other side of my door too. All I did was measure the window, add 2 inches, cut the cloth, make a 1 inch casing on both sides, and hang them up! New curtains for 3.75! Can't beat that!

No comments:

Post a Comment