Thanks for visiting us here at I Adore This.

This blog is dedicated to sharing things that i adore!. You will usually find a quick tip or trick on how to update or change furniture, decorations or crafts but depending on my mood you will also be exposed to storage ideas, management tips and all other types of things that come with raising and interacting with little girls.



Saturday, March 19, 2011

Spring Ruffle Pillows!

Ruffles are all the rage right now. I see them everywhere! In magazines and in stores they are being used for just about everything. I love how chic and girly they look! As you know, I don't like to pay for stuff....especially if I have all the materials at home to build it myself! So, I made some ruffle pillows. They turned out soooo great! Here they are.....

I did one with just two ruffles down the middle, one on top of the other, and then I did one covered from top to bottom in ruffle, cuz I don't think you can ever have too many ruffles!



So here is how I did it...
First I found a bunch of random scraps of fabric that I had left over from other projects. Then I ripped them into strips. You can so whatever size you want. I think mine were about 2-3 inches. Then cut two squares of a different fabric the size you want your pillow.

Then I ruffled the fabric. I just got a ruffle foot for my sewing machine. I used to just make a ruffle by sewing a really loose stitch and then pulling one of the pieces of thread. That works too, but I would highly recommend a ruffle foot. Those things are awesome! Then I pinned the first ruffle on the pillow fabric.

Then I sewed it on, and moved to the next piece. Ruffle, and then sew it above the other ruffle. When you are done it looks like this...

Then I pinned all the ruffles up so that I didn't sew them while I was sewing up the pillow. Put right sides together and sew that thing up! Make sure you remember to leave a small hole for the stuffing.



Then stuff it, and sew up the hole. For the pillow with the ruffle down the center, just ruffle a piece or two of fabric down the middle and sew it on the fabric you have cut for your pillow. Then just sew up the pillow as mentioned above. These pillows are really fun and colorful for spring. Pillows make a great addition to any room and are a great way to add some accent color to your space.

1 comment:

  1. Love love love it, like always! I'm excited because I have a TON of scraps!! You are awesome! I'm hoping to come see your house on Sunday. I'll call you!

    ReplyDelete